As you all know that Outlook is one of the preferred email clients among the users that not only save emails and attachments but also contacts, journals, calendars and much other information of the user. As we all know that contracts are an important part of our life so if a user is using MS Outlook, he/she stores their contact details in Outlook itself to use them as per their convenience.
VCF is a universal format used to store contacts. With VCF file format, you can access your contacts to any application such as iPhone, Android, tablets etc. VCF file includes name, address, phone number, email address, and other contact information.
Techniques to move Outlook contacts to VCF format
There are two techniques available to migrate contacts from MS Outlook to vCard format.
- Manual Technique
- Professional Technique
Manual method steps using Outlook
- Switch to the contacts folder in Outlook
- Click Message Save Outlook toolbar button
- Select save all messages in folder contacts
- Select vCard in the file format and click ok
- Click Save now
Drawbacks of manual solution
- Microsoft Outlook application does not support exporting of multiple contacts as VCF at once.
- Moving contacts one by one to vCard format takes a lot of time so it is a lengthy process.
Solution to move multiple contacts from Outlook to vCard
To transfer Outlook contacts to vCard in bulk, you can use a third-party tool named Outlook PST Extractor. It is a simple application for smooth working to extract multiple contacts from Outlook to VCF format.
Benefits of Outlook Contact Extractor Tool
The tool contains several features such as –
- The simple and effortless transfer is gained with the application
- Accuracy and reliability are fully maintained
- No changes to the file during the process
- A free version is available to test the software
- Work with all versions of MS Outlook – 2003, 2007, 2010, 2016, 2019 & others
- Easily downloaded on all Windows OS – 7, 8, 10, XP, Vista and others
- User-defined location to save the resultant file
Below are the easy and few steps that help you to separate contacts from Outlook PST.
Step 1. Download and Install the software
First, you need to download and install the application properly on your system.
Step 2. Selection of PST file
Browse a PST file from whom you want to transfer contacts.
Step 3. Select vCards in Exported options
Select vCards in the exported options.
Step 4. Decide location for the output
Provide a location where you want to save the vCards file. In the end, hit the Process & Export vCards Now option to start the process.