Microsoft Outlook is a powerful email client that manages the emails of the user and many services such as calendaring, task management, contacts, emails etc. It has outstanding features due to which makes it more popular and in demand.
Outlook uses OST and PST file formats to save the user database. One can easily find the OST and PST file at the following location –
C drive: \ Users \ <user account name> \ AppData \ Local \ Microsoft \ Outlook
Why compress the size of PST file?
Since large size, PST file creates several issues for the users like –
- Hanging of MS Outlook
- Slow down the performance of Outlook
- Chances of PST file corruption
- Outlook stops responding when opening
Methods to reduce the size of Outlook PST file
Outlook data files can be shrunk using two methods – Manual method and an automated solution
Let’s go through the manual methods for reducing the size of the PST file.
Compact Now method
- Launch MS Outlook
- Go to File tab
- Choose Info > Account settings
- Select Data files
- Go to settings
- Outlook Data file settings dialog box opens, you will find your PST file here
- Click on Compact Now
- Click Ok
Shortcomings of the manual method
- It is a confusing method
- It needs technical expertise to follow the process
- Not capable to provide effective results
Automated solution – Compress PST Tool
Compress PST Tool is a smooth and reliable solution to comfortably compress the size of Outlook data file with few simple steps. The tool has several helpful features –
- Simplified application for easy working
- Independent application without the extra application
- Compatible with all versions of Outlook
- Comfortably work on all Windows operating systems
- Error-free results are gained with the application
- A free trial is offered with this application for testing
- Clear preview of loaded PST files
- User-defined output location
- Facility to remove unwanted loaded PST files
Working of Compress Outlook Tool
The software has only a few steps working that can be easily followed by any user.
Step 1. Download and launch the application
Freshly, download and launch the software completely on your system.
Step 2. Adding PST files
Go to the Browse button and locate PST files whose size you want to reduce.
Step 3. Preview Facility
A clear preview of loaded PST files is shown. You can remove the unwanted files using Remove button.
Step 4. Selection of Output destination
Provide a location where you want to save the resultant file. Finally, click on Start Converting button.