Outlook is a popular email client among the users provided by Microsoft. It comes in several editions – Outlook 2002, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and others. The PST file earlier to Outlook 2002 has storage limitation up to 2 GB only due to which user faces issues in saving their large size files. Due to this, Outlook also starts hanging and slows down the performance due to which a user is unable to do their daily works.
To cope up with the issue, Microsoft released MS Outlook 2003 version as it starts offering greater storage capacity for Outlook data files.
Solutions available to convert Outlook PST 2002 to MS Outlook 2016
There are two solutions available to convert MS Outlook 2002 to Outlook PST 2016.
- Manual method
- Third-party solution
Steps of the manual process
- Open Outlook client
- Create a new PST file
- Once your PST file is created, switch to the Folder list
- This will make the copy of the task of calendars, contacts, tasks, notes, emails
- Move your mailbox items from old PST to a newly created PST file. You can copy or just drag and drop the mailbox.
- Once the process is completed, you will find your PST file created in UNICODE PST.
The manual method seems to be simple but has several disadvantages –
- It is a time-consuming procedure.
- It needs technical expertise to handle the software.
- No surety of reliable results.
Alternate solution – ANSI to UNICODE PST Converter
It is an advanced and smart utility to convert Outlook 2002 PST file to Outlook 2016 with few simple steps. The tool is designed for smart work and complete the process in a short time period.
Benefits of the software
- Simplified and effortless application
- Outlook installation is not required as it is an independent utility
- Free demo for testing the tool
- Save conversion results to your defined location
- Comfortably downloaded on all Windows versions
- No technical expertise required to handle the application
- Error-free conversion is done with the application
- Facility to convert desired Outlook file
- Unlimited data is converted
Steps involved in the software
There are only counted 4-5 steps of the application –
Step 1. Download and Install the software
The first step is to download and install the software successfully to your system.
Step 2. Selection of PST files
Select PST files whom you want to convert to UNICODE PST file. You can remove mistakenly loaded PST files using Remove button given in the software.
Step 3. Selection of Output location
Choose a location where you want to save the resultant files.
Step 4. Start Converting
Finally, hit the Start Converting button and within a few minutes, you will get the results.